Hardware Engineer, Power
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Hardware Engineer, Power to join our Hardware Design Team. Our servers and data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. To support this mission, a highly efficient and reliable rack power system becomes more and more important to enable the evolvement and adoption of new hardware technology while achieving our most efficient operation. The Hardware Engineer, Power will be an integral member of the team, owning power supply design to deliver power product with high efficiency and high reliability.
- Define and design AC-DC power supply system for rack.
- Review and drive the product development with external power vendors, including in-depth design review thorough test report review and manufacturing test coverage review.
- Create verification test case as needed.
- Review circuit/PCB design, calculation and simulation.
- Review test report and bug report.
- Review and check manufacturing test coverage and report.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive product qualification to meet product requirement and ensure product deployment.
- Support troubleshooting and resolution for operation issues in the field.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Power Electronics.
- 3+ years of experience in power supply design.
- 3+ years of experience with AC-DC power conversion topologies, such as various active PFC approach, PWM converters and resonant converters.
- 3+ years of experience with high power redundant AC-DC power supply design and proven track record of delivering products into production.
- 3+ years of experience with design tools for schematic, layout and simulation, such as Cadence, PCad, Mathcad, PSpice, or Simetrix/Simplis.
- 3+ years of experience with product bring-up and troubleshooting experience with power supply testing methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience creating design specifications, design guidelines, and test plans.
- Familiar with rack level power system.
- Familiar with digital bus design, such as I2C/PMBus, Modbus and CANbus.
- Familiar with safety standard and application process.
- Familiar with power supply qualification standard and process, such as components derating, MTBF or EMC.
- Experience with Data center power delivery.
- Detail oriented communication skills.
- Familiar with DC/DC power system design and evaluation.
Back to top