Hardware Engineer, Micro-assembly
Facebook Reality Labs(FRL) (Facebook Inc.) has an exciting opportunity within its R&D Group at Cork for a technology development engineer who will play a key role in the developing the assembly technologies of our next generation displays. The ideal candidate will have a background in one or more of the following disciplines; Materials Science, Electronics, Physics, Optics, Robotics, Mechatronics, or Mechanical Engineering. Any experience in the manipulation and handling of devices in the region of a few microns will be particularly relevant. The job is particularly suited to a technology development engineer who wishes to further develop their career in a vibrant and fast-moving research environment. This is a full-time position based in our Cork office, Ireland.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for leading LED packaging and micro-assembly development including:
- Micro-packaging and device handling at a micro-scale.
- Identifying materials for novel packaging techniques at micro-scale.
- Supporting the development of state-of-art LED and display assembly processes and hardware.
- Identification of and management of external assembly partners.
- Work closely with other cross-functional members to define advanced micro-assembly solutions.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, preferably graduate study and qualifications in Materials Science, Electronics, Physics, Optics, Robotics, Mechatronics, or Mechanical Engineering. And experience in some or all of the following:
- Micro-assembly and micro-packaging.
- Opto-electronic, compound semiconductors.
- Deep understanding of surface chemistry and behavior of materials at micro-scale.
- Deep knowledge of material characterization tools and methods at micro and nano-scale.
- Knowledge of optical properties of materials at micro-scale.
- Knowledge of automation and positioning at micro-scale, including control and machine vision is an asset.
- Experience with the interaction of materials, processes, and equipment.
- Experience in large data-set handling and analysis.
- Managing partners and subcontractors from a technical and project management perspective.
- Promote and support innovation to facilitate IP generation as appropriate.
Back to top