Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a versatile and passionate Hardware Engineer to join our Compute Hardware team. Our mission is backed by a massive hardware infrastructure. Our computational challenges are big, complex, and consistently evolving. Your work has the potential to shape the compute hardware going into our cutting-edge data centers affecting billions of users.
- Work with suppliers and internal teams to define product roadmap and program.
- Specify, design, and develop compute hardware solutions.
- Lead the bring-up, validation, and launch of hardware systems.
- Support hyper-scale deployment and obtain learning for next generation design.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering Degree, with 3+ years of industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience with PCB design with both integrated and discrete circuits, and high-speed interfaces.
- Experience with development and bring-up of data center system equipment, or consumer devices.
- Experience with analyzing and resolving system hardware issues.
- Experience working with peers.
- MS in electrical engineering or computer engineering.
- 6+ years of industry experience.
- Familiar with server system architecture of one of major CPU suppliers.
- Experience with end-to-end enabling, design, and deployment cycle of a product.
- Experience with owning a complete hardware system as hardware lead.
- Experience with working with thermal, mechanical, management firmware, system firmware, and software teams during product development.
- Experience with design and troubleshooting data buses used in server such as PCIe, I2C.
- Knowledge of using Linux for testing.
Back to top