Facebook is seeking a versatile and passionate Hardware Engineer to join our Compute Hardware team. Our mission is backed by a massive hardware infrastructure. Our computational challenges are big, complex, and consistently evolving. Your work has the potential to shape the compute hardware going into our cutting-edge data centers affecting billions of users.
HARDWARE ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with suppliers and internal teams to define product roadmap and program.
- Specify, design, and develop compute hardware solutions.
- Lead the bring-up, validation, and launch of hardware systems.
- Support hyper-scale deployment and obtain learning for next generation design.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering Degree, with 3+ years of industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience with PCB design with both integrated and discrete circuits, and high-speed interfaces.
- Experience with development and bring-up of data center system equipment, or consumer devices.
- Experience with analyzing and resolving system hardware issues.
- Experience working with peers.
- MS in electrical engineering or computer engineering.
- 6+ years of industry experience.
- Familiar with server system architecture of one of major CPU suppliers.
- Experience with end-to-end enabling, design, and deployment cycle of a product.
- Experience with owning a complete hardware system as hardware lead.
- Experience with working with thermal, mechanical, management firmware, system firmware, and software teams during product development.
- Experience with design and troubleshooting data buses used in server such as PCIe, I2C.
- Knowledge of using Linux for testing.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top