Hardware Engineer, Core Tech
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense-and we're just getting started. Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up. Concept Engineering is the team within the Core Tech that actively participates in concept development and design ideation of cutting edge technologies. The team is responsible for rapidly building and iterating polished high-fidelity prototypes and development platforms that bring new ideas to life by expressing design intent and user experience - using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task. While we want these prototypes to be optimized for speed, the hardware and software should be designed with the ultimate goal of mass production. These prototypes and development platforms will be used to prove and sell concepts through establishing end user value to development teams and senior leadership; additionally, they would be used in testing and data collection in support of hardware technology and computer vision algorithm development. We are seeking a Hardware Engineer who has a passion for working across disciplines to turn early cutting edge concepts and technologies into reality. As a Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for systems architecture and design of new concepts and technologies.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems in simulated reality systems which combine electronics, mechanics, optics and software
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines
- Building schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into opto-electro-mechanical systems
- Specifying components
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom solutions
- Ensuring the prototypes designed have line of sight into mass production and closely partnering with the Product Engineering team to ensure the designs can be transitioned into product development.
- Work closely with various core tech teams and other organizations to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and products
- MSEE with 7+ years of experience or BSEE with 10+ years of experience in consumer product design
- 7+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, and debug
- Experience with low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, audio circuit design, and analog design
- Experience with processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Experience with mixed-signal board-level design
- Experience integrating RF technologies such as WIFI, BT, GPS, etc.
- Experience leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly
- Experience partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
- Demonstrated domain knowledge in compute & systems development, proven track record in building advanced technology & product development.
- Strong collaborator, excellent communication skills with ability to manage cross-team and cross-geography collaboration, ability to manage by influence.
- Experience with embedded devices
- Experience with cameras and optical systems
- Experience with Android/Linux systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top