Hardware Engineer, Connectivity Lab
(Woodland Hills, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Hardware Design Engineer to join our Connectivity Lab Team. We believe connecting the world is one of the greatest challenges of our generation, and that everyone deserves access to the knowledge, tools and opportunities that come from being connected. That’s why we, along with other tech companies, launched Internet.org, a global partnership to make the Internet available to the two thirds of the world’s population that doesn’t have it. The Connectivity Lab team has been working on developing new platforms for connectivity on the ground, in the air and in orbit. For all of these systems, the team is looking at Free-space optical communication, a way of using light to transmit data through space using invisible, infrared laser beams. To make this a reality, we need to scale our infrastructure and ensure that it operates efficiently so that we can deliver innovative services. Join us as we build the technical foundation upon which the world shares and connects. This position is located in our Woodland Hills office (near Los Angeles).
- Will support novel Internet broadcast technology development activities, including designs for Free-Space Optical (FSO) and Radio Frequency (RF) communication terminals
- Will architect high speed analog and digital circuits, timing/clocking, power architectures, PCB/PCBA design for manufacturability
- Will perform circuit signal integrity analysis
- Will conduct hardware verification and closely interact with firmware group
- Interface with software, mechanical, power, thermal, and hardware engineers to understand system architecture
- Perform component and system level testing in both laboratory and operational environments
- MS in Electrical Engineering or BS in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience in analog and digital circuit design, schematic capture, and PCB layout
- Knowledge of transmission line theory, high-speed circuit design, RF, electrical concepts, and analysis tools
- Experience with hardware in the loop testing and validation, including the use of network test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and frequency synthesizers
- Experience with both RF and optical testbed lab operation and procedures desired
- Knowledge of Cadence Allegro, Mentor Graphics PADs, Altium Designer
- Knowledge of Verilog, System Verilog, C, C++, *nix is desired
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top