Hardware Engineer, Concept Engineering (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
At Oculus, we're developing the future of augmented (AR), virtual (VR) and mixed reality (MR). We are seeking a Head of Concept Engineering who has a passion for working across disciplines to turn early cutting edge concepts and technologies into reality. As a Hardware Engineer in the Concept Engineering team, you will be responsible for hardware architecture and design of new concepts and technologies. The Concept Engineering team actively participates in concept development and design ideation of cutting edge technologies. The team is responsible for rapidly building and iterating polished high-fidelity prototypes and development platforms that bring new ideas to life by expressing design intent and user experience - using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task. While we want these prototypes to be optimized for speed, the hardware and software should be designed with the ultimate goal of mass production. These prototypes and development platforms will be used to prove and sell concepts through establishing end user value to development teams and senior leadership; additionally, they would be used in testing and data collection in support of hardware technology and computer vision algorithm development.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems in simulated reality systems which combine electronics, mechanics, optics and software
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines
- Building schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into opto-electro-mechanical systems
- Specifying components
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom solutions
- Ensuring the prototypes designed have line of sight into mass production and closely partnering with the Product Engineering team to ensure the designs can be transitioned into product development.
- Work closely with various core tech teams and other organizations to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and products
- MSEE with 7+ years of experience or BSEE with 10+ years of experience in consumer product design
- 7+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, and debug
- Experience with low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, audio circuit design, and analog design
- Experience with processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Experience with mixed-signal board-level design
- Experience integrating RF technologies such as WIFI, BT, GPS, etc.
- Experience leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly
- Experience partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
- Collaborator, communication skills with ability to manage cross-team and cross-geography collaboration, ability to manage by influence.
- Demonstrated domain knowledge in computer & systems development, proven track record in building technology & product development.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top