(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Hardware Engineer to join our Compute Server Design Team. Our servers and data centers are the foundations upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. This person will be an integral member of the team, owning PCB board design for new server hardware systems. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Define architecture and specifications for custom data center equipment
- Engage vendors to ensure product meets specification
- Review schematic and board diagrams
- Bring up new board designs
- Test designs for functionality and power efficiency
- Engage mechanical teams to ensure proper component cooling in the data center
- Engage software team to ensure application compatibility and performance
- Engage deployments team to ensure smooth product introduction
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering or related field
- Experience with electronic design and bring up of server systems
- Experience with high-speed board design and board bring-up
- Familiar with schematic and PCB CAD programs
- Familiar with hardware testing methodologies and have a hands-on approach when testing
- Detail oriented, communication and documentation skills
- Familiar with server system architecture of one of major CPU manufacturers
- Knowledge of using Linux for testing
- Experience with design and troubleshooting data buses used in server such as PCIe, I2C
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top