Guidance Specialist, Intellectual Property Operations
(Austin, TX - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're the team that's responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebook's policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving the most voice to the most people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected while scaling our operations to support Facebook's 1.8 billion users. To be successful on our team, you must be passionate about intellectual property and, ideally, how legal rights intersect with online communities. You must also be interested in complex, data-driven project management and working with legal teams to effectively anticipate and mitigate risk for operational work. You must be excited to approach problems as opportunities and you need the strategy skills to identify the right questions to ask in order to find the right solutions. You should be comfortable defending your ideas while remaining open-minded and flexible to feedback from cross-functional teams and experts.
As a member of Global Support Operations, you'll play a key role in ensuring that the IP Ops team is always innovating, improving, and handling IP matters efficiently and quickly. You'll use data-driven techniques, industry-leading workforce management, advanced process improvement, and legal and policy expertise to ensure that we comply with Facebook's obligations, while facilitating happy rights holders, users, and partners. This team is uniquely responsible for the success of the program as a whole as it touches virtually all aspects of Facebook's IP ecosystem and has a diverse group of stakeholders across the team and company.
As a IP Guidance specialist, you are at the forefront in helping set the broader IP Ops team up for success, enabling the team to move fast through your problem-solving sophistication, analytical savvy, and resourceful thinking as it pertains to global guidance strategies. You will partner closely with GSO, IP Legal and other stakeholders in developing IP guidance with the ultimate goal of improve the user experience on Facebook while also protecting Facebook through sound IP policies.
- Create process and provide oversight and advice on development and implementation of IP Ops guidance
- Recognizing trends to identify opportunities for new or updated guidance to improve processes and workflows
- Work closely with multiple cross-functional teams, including our key legal stakeholders, to support guidance development and dissemination
- Partner with Training to educate and communicate out operational policies and procedures
- Periodically review and test guidance enforcement for relevancy and redundancy
- Consult on verticals for new product on-boarding, ensuring readiness for integration, and support process optimization
- Deliver guidance projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research, and strategy development
- Enable successful launch of new products while removing roadblocks and encouraging innovative solutions
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in end to end project management or operations
- 1+ years of experience in Policy and/or Guidance
- Passionate about helping people and maintaining user trust in Facebook
- Interested in the intersection of legal guidance, policy and free speech on the Internet
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top