Growth Marketing Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're looking for someone who can build and lead a Growth Marketing team. Growth Marketing focuses on growing and engaging Facebook's user and advertiser base. The team is results-focused and thrives at the intersection of data, product, engineering, and marketing. The ideal candidate is scrappy, and has a strong technical, analytical, and product background – with a hunger to make products grow. Facebook Growth Marketing partners directly with product and is embedded in product teams. We partner with the Growth Organizations for some of the world's largest and fastest growing products across the Facebook family of apps, Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, etc. We work on key growth efforts that are important to driving the top line of the entire company Goals like MAU, DAU, Time Spent, Revenue, Active Advertisers Active Business pages, and Brand Metrics, etc. Managers on this team have a very large scope. We expect our leaders to be able to have top-line impact on the growth rate products with 1B+ users, and to be responsible for growth strategy, tactics and data understanding for some of the most important and most used products; or to grow new products to be world-class. Because this team partners across the whole of Facebook, members of this team are positioned to learn what works and does not for growth across the whole Facebook Family of apps.
- Leverage data to understand our products in depth, identify areas of opportunity, and execute projects to drive user growth, retention, engagement, and/or revenue of Facebook products.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our growth strategy.
- Be responsible for, and effective at driving measurable top-line growth for some of the world's most important, and most used products.
- Work closely with product, engineering, design, and data teams to develop and drive growth projects.
- Work within core Facebook products like news feed, notifications, and mobile, and offsite channels like search, email, SMS, and push.
- Use tools similar to Hive/Hadoop, SQL, Tableau, ETL, Python, Excel, and many other internal tools to work efficiently at scale. And to train members of your team on these types of tools.
- 5+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity.
- 6+ years of experience in marketing, advertising or growth.
- 6+ years of experience managing projects.
- 6+ years of quantitative analysis experience.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL or other programming languages.
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging data to make business decisions.
- Experience communicating insights and ideas.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or related quantitative field.
- Software development experience.
- Internet Marketing experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top