Group Technical Program Manager, Security Infrastructure
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Group Technical Program Manager to lead a Security Infrastructure - Technical Program Management team. We are looking for someone who is not only a talented leader, but who also has strong technical depth and experience. This leader will drive partnerships with Engineering leaders, establish vision and strategic roadmaps for a growing team Technical Program Manager individuals and managers. This team will be building innovative solutions that enable Facebook to scale our Security Infrastructure efforts as we expand globally. The team is spread between the Silicon Valley, Seattle, London and soon in New York. This leader will drive and own partnerships with internal and external business leaders as the team engages to develop security capabilities to protect our products and Infrastructure.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization.
- Help define the long-term vision & develop strategic roadmaps.
- Partner with key infrastructure groups & production engineers, scientists & analysts across the company to understand and anticipate their needs.
- Forge partnerships with the Infrastructure teams to collaboratively solve hardware/software problems.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- Build highly scalable, performant and reliable systems and infrastructure.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and developing the best TPM talent.
- Define and own key metrics and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage an 8+ Engineering & TPM team.
- M.S. in a Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least ten years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience with 3+ years of people management experience.
- Experience in backend reliability, efficiency and performance work.
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience including large-scale systems and experience writing code.
- Experience managing team members in remote locations.
- 10+ years application security software engineering experience
- Extensive experience with Cloud Infrastructure, and securing cloud-based environments
- Hands-on exposure to Intrusion Detection Systems
- Up-to-date insight into industry standard security regulations, policies, and procedures for information systems
- Cryptography and network security expertise
- Deep knowledge of penetration testing
- Python programming experience
Back to top