Group Technical Program Manager, Product Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? Are you versed in developing a collective vision, and inspire teams to establish ambitious goals and execute flawlessly? Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Management leader for Product Infrastructure. We are looking for candidates who share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude, while building and supporting a world class team of Technical Program Managers. Your core responsibility would be to support growth and development of Technical Program Managers as they drive planning, prioritization and program execution to ensure high availability of our Infrastructure stack.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization.
- Help define the long-term vision & develop strategic roadmaps.
- Partner with key infrastructure groups & production engineers, scientists & analysts across the company to understand and anticipate their needs.
- Forge partnerships with the Infrastructure teams to collaboratively solve hardware/software problems.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- Build highly scalable, performant and reliable systems and infrastructure.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and developing the best TPM talent.
- Define and own key metrics and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage 3+ direct reports.
- M.S. in a Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least ten years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience with 3+ years of people management experience.
- Experience in backend reliability, efficiency and performance work.
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Organizational and coordination experience along with multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience, exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code.
- Experience managing team members in remote locations.
- Experience building or program managing distributed multi-tier consumer or mobile applications including ADS, News Feed etc.
- Experience applying ML, Data Science Models
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems
- Experience with programming language design, compilers
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top