Group Technical Program Manager, Enterprise Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Manager for Enterprise Operations Technical Program Management. The Manager will be leading a team of Technical Program Managers managing projects to support the growth and management of the 24X7 Facebook IT environment. These projects are multi-disciplinary, across Network, Systems, DB and Applications. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and developing the best TPM talent for FB Enterprise Engineering (IT).
- Define and own key metrics and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage 3+ direct reports.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Manage cross-functional IT infrastructure programs in a matrix organization covering Engineering and Operations efforts.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during development and implementation.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- 8+ years experience in program, project, or technical management
- 4+ years experience in system, infrastructure, development, or network administration in an IT environment
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Program Manager, and two or more years experience as a People Manager
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into technical requirements
- Experience in relationship building and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and methodologies
- Experience with Security processes and procedures
- Experience in backend reliability, efficiency and performance work
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams
- Organizational and coordination experience along with multi-tasking experience
- Analytical and problem-solving experience in large-scale systems and experience writing code
- Experience managing a team of program managers, including building and growing the team
- Experience managing team members in remote locations
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience working in a 5000+ user environment
- Development experience on large data sets and in at least one scripting language (Python)
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
- Experience working with large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with configuration management tools
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top