Group Technical Program Manager, Artificial Intelligence/ML Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Management leader for the AI Infrastructure team. The team's mission is to build and implement state-of-the-art Machine Learning and Deep Learning platforms on Facebook's infrastructure. This person will support the AI/ML Infrastructure TPM organization. Their responsibilities include people management for the Technical Program Manager team and growing the areas that TPMs support within the organization, as well as driving planning and programs within the larger AI/ML organization. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office and will report to the Director of Technical Program Management.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix
- Define the vision for building a FB scale state-of-the-art AI/ML platform and developer infrastructure that spans from the datacenter to the mobile device.
- Partner with key infrastructure groups across the company to understand and anticipate their ML needs.
- Forge partnerships with the Infrastructure teams to collaboratively solve hardware/software problems.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- Build highly scalable, performant and reliable systems and infrastructure.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and developing the best TPM talent for FB in AI/ML.
- Define and own key metrics and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage 3 – 8 direct reports.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Experience managing a team of program managers, including building and growing the team.
- Two or more years of AI/ML experience, five or more years of experience as a Technical Program Manager, and two or more years experience as a People Manager.
- Experience operating enterprise class cloud services.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience with Product and Program Management.
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems.
- Master's or Ph.D. in Machine Learning, CS, Math, Statistics or related areas.
- Experience in configuration management tools
- Knowledge of capacity, migration, and management.
- Distributed performance tracing and critical path analysis
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and business continuity.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top