Group Technical Program Manager, APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Manager for Technical Program Management in Content Delivery and Backbone Networking. This person will be leading a team of Technical Program Managers in the development and deployment of solutions to support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include the growth, management and 24x7 upkeep of the Facebook web site.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Hong Kong, Hong Kong and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager. The responsibilities of this role include both people management and hands-on program management of network design and deployment. The TPM team assists our global data centers, hardware, network, software engineering, and product teams with strategic planning, and deployments from inception to full production.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, hardware systems, infrastructure software engineering, capacity management)
- Develop and manage delivering network programs end-to-end, project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Responsible for people management of a highly technical team of 5-7 direct reports. This includes coaching, continual feedback, performance reviews, career growth and development
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project and product requirements and scope
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for network designs
- Provide subject matter expertise and drive innovation to support company-wide initiatives
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliveries
- B.S./M.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience. Engineering degree preferred
- 5+ years of managing large scale network projects
- 2+ years as a Technical Program Manager
- 2+ plus years as a People Manager
- Experience building, developing, and managing program management teams
- Background in computer and network architecture, design, and development of networks.
- Track record of delivery of large complex projects across multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in process mapping and process improvement
- Track record of using metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Experience in Network Program Management or Product Management.
- Experience with Project Management tools.
- PMP Certification (PMI)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top