Graphics Systems Engineer
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. We are currently seeking a software engineer with solid graphics fundamentals, deep C++ skills, and a passion for implementing graphics software on both large desktop platforms and performance-constrained mobile platforms.You are the kind of engineer who has a solid understanding of 3D graphics hardware/software systems from the API layer all the way down to the underlying hardware. You can diagnose and fix graphics rendering performance problems that span low level code, graphics drivers, and graphics hardware. You have experience porting, profiling, and optimizing graphics software in mobile/low-power hardware environments. You have a good graphics API design sense and could design and implement an effective and efficient graphics management system for a complex visual runtime environment (e.g. game engine, application framework, etc.)
- Design, implement, and debug C++ graphics software on multiple hardware/software platforms.
- Port graphics software systems to new platforms.
- Profile and optimize the performance of complex graphics software on multiple hardware/software systems, including both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Analyze and understand graphics software components from multiple science and research teams, lead the integration of those components into a unified product code base, and drive their continued development.
- B.S. in Computer Science and 3+ years of relevant work experience in graphics software in C++.
- Knowledge with at least one GPU-backed graphics library (Vulkan, OpenGL, Direct3D, Mantle, Metal, etc.)
- Knowledge in porting graphics software to new hardware/software platforms.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- Experience with Software Development processes including: source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
- Demonstrated ability working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in graphics software in C++.
- Experience with Vulkan graphics library.
- Experience with vectorization techniques on at least one platform (e.g. SSE, NEON, etc.).
- Experience with GPGPU techniques (e.g. Cuda, OpenCL, etc.).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top