Graphics Software Engineer (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As an experienced Graphics Software Engineer on the Oculus REX team you will partner with our art team to create cutting edge VR experiences running on Oculus platforms. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with a strong background in graphics development who understands the trade-off between quality and performance to raise the bar for visuals running at high framerate.
- Partner closely with the art team to help define and implement the best graphical vision within performance budgets.
- Leverage your graphics development experience to tackle the unique challenges of VR rendering and add innovative features to our graphics engine.
- Coordinate and collaborate smoothly across multiple internal and external cross-disciplinary teams.
- Stay current with the latest graphics techniques applicable to real time games.
- Investigate performance bottlenecks, optimize engine code and identify expensive content.
- Implement specialized tools to augment our art pipeline as needed.
- Develop quick prototypes to validate new approaches and be willing to take on other tasks outside of graphics as needed by the project.
- 7+ years of software engineering on shipped game titles for PC, console or mobile platforms using DirectX or OpenGL.
- 7+ years of experience implementing advanced 3D graphics features such as lighting, effects, shaders and other low-level systems.
- 7+ years of experience with C/C++ programming in a multi-threaded environment.
- Shipped one or more titles using a commercial game engine such as Unreal or Unity.
- Shipped one or more titles supporting art teams and art pipelines.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top