Graphics Engineer, Dash (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual realityâ€™s potential to connect the world is immenseâ€"and weâ€™re just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Graphics Engineer for Oculus Dash, you'll work with our team of engineers and designers to help us build the engine that drives the future of VR OS interactions. The ideal candidate has broad experience with graphics programming techniques and optimization, especially with in-house AAA engine development.
- Develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools to maximize graphics quality and performance
- Work closely with the Oculus Graphics SDK team to extend the functionality of the Oculus Compositor
- Support current Oculus PC runtime while developing future products
- Implement and improve modern game engine graphics pipelines
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code
- Document and support graphics features
- Coordinate and collaborate smoothly across multiple internal and external cross-disciplinary teams
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience on shipped consumer-facing products for console or mobile platforms.
- 5+ years of experience implementing advanced 3D graphics features such as lighting, effects, shaders and other low-level systems.
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++ programming.
- Experience shipping 1 or more AAA game title using a commercial 3D engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity, etc.).
- Experience with Vulkan, DirectX or OpenGL.
- Experience supporting art teams and art pipelines.
- Knowledge about algorithms and data structures.
- Knowledge of CPU and GPU optimizations.
- Knowledge of modern rendering algorithms, linear algebra, and compression algorithms.
Back to top