Graphics and Display Architect
Facebook Reality Labs, or FRL, focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR). Compute power requirements of Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
Facebook is looking for a Graphics/Display Architect who will work with a world-class group of researchers and engineers. As a Graphics/Display Architect, youâ€™ll lead cutting-edge research projects and be part of a multi-disciplinary team working to usher in the next era of human-computer interaction. The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for technology and the vision to help drive our future graphics roadmap.
This role will be located in Redmond, WA.
- Work with graphics and display researchers to integrate new graphics and driver methodologies with algorithms and other technologies for driving current and future head mounted displays under real-time constraints.
- Collaborate with other researchers, architects, and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline.
- Document the architecture and design requirements.
- Analyze design trade-offs including manufacturability, testability and cost.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- M.S. or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of industry experience as an Architect and/or Design Engineer including real-time computer graphics, GPU hardware, modern APIs, or the graphics pipeline
- Experience in factors and parameters affecting front of screen performance, uniformity, mura, response time, blur, etc.
- Experienced in evaluating design tradeoffs such as speed, performance, power, area and silicon process parameters
- Design experience using high speed digital circuits
- Experience in graphics pipeline architectures
- Experience in evaluating architectural trade-offs such as speed, performance, power, area
- Knowledge of industry trends and disruptive technologies
- Programming experience in C or C++
- Experience in advanced image synthesis, including light transport, sampling and reconstruction
- Experience in operating autonomously, with only high-level direction
- Ability to employ scientific methods to debug, diagnose and drive the resolution of complex, cross-disciplinary system issues
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity with a fast-changing consumer electronics field
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative & critical thinking skills
- Experience working effectively as an individual and in a multidisciplinary international team
- Ability to collaborate and/or lead in a team environment
Back to top