Graphic Designer, Creative Services
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a graphic designer to support executive level graphic support for the Creative Services team. The candidate will be designing for every team/org at Facebook, but will be focused primarily on the company's Engineering org. This means working directly with top execs in the engineering org, and always being a step ahead in terms of creating what is needed. This position also entails creative direction for Facebook's high impact internal and external events for the engineering org. This means working with and managing a team of up to 10–15 contract designers for events to ensure the designs being created are within brand and of the highest quality. Although an engineering background is not needed, it is important for the candidate to have a natural curiosity to learn more about Facebook's emerging technology such as VR, Machine learning, Connectivity, etc. The designer need to excavate information from the speaker and visualize it in a compelling and easy enough manner for layman to understand complex systems and technologies. It is crucial for the designer to be able to prioritize, delegate to contractors as needed and read between the lines to do what execs are asking for and also suggest more ways of improving existing designs and systems.
- Work with top level execs
- Be involved in the company's Engineering narrative
- Manage teams of up to 10–15 contractors for events
- Know when to delegate and when to take over
- Prioritize based on importance and urgency of deadline
- 6+ years experience as a graphic designer
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working directly with clients / speakers
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Able to drive own projects and be a self-starter
- Experience working with executives
- Skilled in Keynote
- Designed for mid - large sized events
- Natural curiosity for new emerging technologies
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top