Go To Market Strategy Lead, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Go-to-Market Strategist who has the ability to lead the design of the sales channel strategy and consumer experience plan for Facebook’s Building 8. This particular role will define memorable consumer experiences, generate global sales forecasts, lead market research activities, and drive the go-to-market strategy through to product launch. The role combines strategy, planning, and day to day execution. You will work cross functionally with product management, retail solutions, eCommerce, marketing, finance, and supply chain to develop this business. We are looking for an experienced global leader that’s interested in pursuing bold new ideas. This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Create the 3 year channel strategy that serves all touch points of consumer experience from Discovery/Buy/Use to Support.
- Drive user research and market studies to uncover customer needs and existing behaviors.
- Build business case models to support global launch activities.
- Design and implement game-changing customer experiences that challenge conventional customer service for new technologies and products at scale.
- Liaise with internal community support teams to deliver cohesive and coordinated customer engagement and market development strategies.
- Analyze and incorporate external and internal customer insights into our processes to ensure industry parity and improvement in customer value.
- Partner with branding, engineering, marketing, and operations to deliver better customer service and experience through communications, technology and process.
- 15+ years of work experience, including 8+ years of related Go-to-Market Sales roles within an Internet or hardware company.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Marketing, or related Business management fields.
- Experience in leading Sales teams through demand generation, channel development, and working with 3rd party contracts
- History in delivering quality customer experience over a variety of channels.
- Can provide examples of innovative strategies used to launch winning consumer electronics.
- Experience leading operational and strategic initiatives across various geographies, developing process improvements and playbooks and the ability to present to and communicate with executives.
- Experience with structuring ambiguous problems, identifying analyses and creating appropriate presentations and story lines to influence executive decisions.
- Analytical and modeling skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, and ability to create structure and drive progress in an ambiguous environment.
- Communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% to global locations.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top