Global Threat Investigations Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Lead and resolve internal and external local, regional and/or global investigations, including but not limited to Insider Threat, Threats Against People, Missing Persons / KRE, Property Crimes, Fraud, Counterfeiting, Data Center Incidents and Supply Chain Incidents.Enhance the Threat program, including assisting with enhancing the program framework, policies, standards and procedures, technology, governance and overall reporting. Responsible for performing day to day case management and investigations, with the goal of predicting, detecting and responding to threats of all kinds, including insider threats.Act as a conduit between the business enterprise and the Global Security Intelligence and Investigations Team, creating and enabling the processes to ensure that all areas of the enterprise receive valuable and timely service. Demonstrate strong threat investigations/insider threat underpinning, as well as possessing sound judgment and the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure the best possible outcome in the finite time available.
- Support an environment of Protecting People, Assets and Reputation through incident prevention, intelligence sharing and incident resolution.
- Utilize non-violent intervention and investigative techniques when necessary to minimize the threat to the Facebook population.
- Execute investigations tactics safely, to protect the FB population.
- Leverage and partner with InfoSec to identify solutions for identifying, protecting and preventing insider threats
- Provide security-related metrics for executive-level dashboards and presentations
- Drive a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening and recognition of team members atall levels.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other business partners and leaders to effectively support their respectiveDepartments.
- Follow company procedures and processes as it relates to Global Security best practices, and handling of confidentialinformation.
- Collaborate with business partners to identify and address trends, which can be mitigated against.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines to mitigate legal risk.
- Investigate and resolve cases by demonstrating good judgment through execution of investigation tactics.
- Collect and document investigation related information.
- Appropriately leverage resources, technology, information and tactics in a manner that protects reputation and minimizesrisk.
- 5+ years of investigations work experience involving Insider Threat, Threats Against People, Missing Persons / KRE, Property Crimes, Fraud, Counterfeiting, Data Center Incidents and/or Supply Chain Incidents
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexible work schedule, able to work days, evenings, weekend and holidays
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- College Degree
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top