Global SMB & Online Sales Leader, Workplace
(London, United Kingdom - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Global SMB & Online Sales Leader is at the forefront of our mission to connect the world. This role brings Workplace to every company in the world, and will have an incredible impact on our growth trajectory. You will seek and partner with the world's most innovative SMBs (small and medium businesses) as they adopt Workplace to fundamentally change how they collaborate, connect and get work done.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Global Leader of SMB and Online sales to join the Workplace team (a SaaS startup within Facebook) to lead and grow this effort globally, including the go-to-market strategy, new scalable sales channels, and the market activation. This person will partner with cross-functional teams (including sales, operations, marketing, finance and product / engineering), with the primary objective of enabling Workplace to grow and scale across the world and attract and retain the most valuable and active client user base on the Workplace platform.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook and the potential that Workplace has to transform small businesses throughout the world through more natural ways to communicate and collaborate. They will have a proven track record of launching and growing SaaS solutions aimed at the SMB market, globally. We are looking for a strategic, data-driven, thinker who can drive for results, and is able to move fast while keeping focused on a go-to-market strategy and online sales channels that will evolve dramatically over the first few months and years.
This is a full-time position and can be located in Menlo Park, CA or London, UK. This role will report to the Vice President of Workplace.
- Build a global SMB & online sales engine that will help Workplace to recruit and retain millions of new customers. Manage a global team across London, Menlo Park, Singapore
- Oversee the executive management and winning strategy of the Workplace SMB & online sales organization
- Define and implement global processes, analytical tools and systems to drive scalable growth in the SMB channel
- Build training and management systems to elevate the performance of our SMB team
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipeline analysis, and forecasting to ensure replicable, above-quota results
- Be an influential leader working closely with Marketing and product/engineering to devise channel and funnel strategies to win the market
- Ensure the implementation of improvements in business processes yielding increased sales performance, and/or higher operational efficiency
- Develop and implement go-to-market plans for all regions across the world, prioritizing the most scalable and valuable markets
- Provide market analytics, audience insights, knowledge and strength to help drive initiatives critical to ongoing acquisition, growth and retention of most valued clients
- 10+ years of experience in SaaS space, with strong preference experience in growth companies
- Experience building and growing a global SMB & online sales business, working closely with product and marketing teams
- Cross-functional, matrix / stakeholder and leadership skills and the ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- Ability to build vision, understand and define requirements, design practical solutions, develop supporting business cases and implement solutions for clients
- Knowledge of sales and account management principles and practices as applied in a SaaS, B2B environments
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Experience in driving structured processes and leveraging analytics from large datasets to drive growth programs
- Understanding of and comfort with how to use data to tell an audience focused relevant story effectively
- Ability to handle the pace of a start-up environment across multiple time zones and teams
- Focus on self-learning and improvement to strive to be better and serve others better in the pursuit of business growth and personal development
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top