Global Security Systems & Technology TechOps Program Specialist
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for people to join our Global Security Systems and Technology team (GSST). Would you like to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment that values social interaction as well as technical process? We pride ourselves on hiring bright, driven, enthusiastic people that have experience in supporting a 24/7 critical environment. Our workplace is where you will sharpen existing skills and develop new ones around new technology as it emerges. It is a bright, vibrant, challenging environment that leave you feeling like you've helped make an impact. We need people who can hold a conversation as well as resolve complex technical issues effectively and efficiently. We want people for whom going "over and above" is second nature, who value the people behind the problems, and have passion for security and technology and processes around these. We want to deliver the best experience in the world and if you think you are up to the challenge read on..
- The GSST Tech Ops Program Specialist will work with security systems technology teams to assess, create scope of work, and deploy project based programs to complete projects relevant to supporting Global Security Systems Infrastructure.
- As part of the GSST team, you will also remotely support security systems technology projects that are supported outside of Menlo Park.
- You will work directly with end users within GSST as well as other Global Security teams to manage project creation, communications, reporting and maintenance to ensure on-time delivery and identification of risks.
- You will be required to be proactive when project roadblocks are found and work with cross-functional team members to be agile, adjust and move forward.
- In addition, you will monitor escalating issues and communicate with your end user stakeholders to ensure priorities are completed.
- You will be supporting the validation of metrics and continuously look for other metrics which are needed to further advance project status.
- Direct interfacing with other FB teams.
- Propose new processes and get buy in from internal team as well as other teams.
- Directly lead project based process team including, but not limited to: project creation, project best practices, project reporting, project communication, project doc retention, project maintenance, and project training.
- You will be able to lead other to complete small or medium size projects.
- You will manage and communicate expectations to project based process team.
- Presenting weekly and monthly project status updates and detailed completion metrics.
- Provide project satisfaction and financials for vendor QBR's.
- Present reporting to peer as well as upper management as needed.
- Be forward and strategic in future project management tools and best practices.
- Look for seamless, efficient, effective, and frictionless methods throughout the life of the project.
- Assist in requirements, evaluation and implementation of best in class project management tools.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
- Be able to provide a 6 month, 1 year and 2 year roadmap and meet key milestones.
- 2+ years of experience using SQL
- 3+ years using Excel (Macro/Micros)
- 3+ years project management
- B.S. Administration, Management, Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 1+ years of experience in leading a team through the life of projects.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top