Global Security Systems & Technology Service Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
We are looking for people to join our Global Security Systems and Technology team (GSST). Would you like to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment that values social interaction as well as technical process? We pride ourselves on hiring bright, driven, enthusiastic people that have experience in supporting a 24/7 critical environment. Our workplace is where you will sharpen existing skills and develop new ones around new technology as it emerges. It is a bright, vibrant, challenging environment that leave you feeling like you've helped make an impact. We need people who can hold a conversation as well as resolve complex technical issues effectively and efficiently. We want people for whom going "over and above" is second nature, who value the people behind the problems, and have passion for security and technology. We want to deliver the best experience in the world and if you think you are up to the challenge…..read on...
- The Service Manager will work with embedded and remote service technicians around the world to help resolve incidents, service requests, maintenance, and projects relevant to supporting Global Security Systems Infrastructure.
- As part of the GSST team, the Service Manager will remotely support Global Security Infrastructure at 55+ global office locations, and 5+ Data Center locations.
- The Service Manager will work directly with end users, the Tech Ops Center, service technicians, security desk, and Global Security Operations teams to identify and resolve incidents, execute requests, and conduct maintenance tracked by an in-house Task Management System.
- The Service Manager will aim to be proactive and reduce reactive incidents by creating and managing an in-depth preventive maintenance program.
- In addition, you will monitor escalating issues and communicate with your end stakeholders to ensure priorities are completed.
- On-call support and work to resolve high priority issues in global time zones.
- You will also be responsible for organizing and supporting service for a range of technologies including: Genetec, CCure 9000, Commend, and many more in house applications and systems in enterprise environments.
- Directly interfacing with other groups
- Responding to requests, and notifying other teams of network problems and impacts to Global Security infrastructure.
- Communicates with internal and external teams to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
- Manages and communicates expectations.
- Service Manager is expected to have (5) + years' experience managing a team of 10 or more direct reports.
- A minimum of (2) year's demonstrated hands-on experience in mid-large enterprise environment (20+ sites).
- Knowledgeable in physical security systems, security hardware, locks, cameras, and networked-based equipment.
- Experienced in process for final Test and Acceptance of security systems and hand over.
- Working with a team of global contingent workers, ability to work across global time zones is key
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, self-directed.
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external customers, and able to offer guidance to executive staff and subcontractors.
- B.S. Administration, Management, Computer Science or equivalent degree.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top