Global Security Systems & Technology (GSST) Design & Engineering Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Design & Engineering Manager experienced in the design and planning of critical facilities to become part of our Global Security (GS) Design/Engineering New Builds team. The successful candidate will possess strong knowledge in architectural design, site planning, cooling and electrical systems, low voltage/security systems, and project delivery processes needed to support our growing fleet of offices. The Facebook GSST Design/Engineering team leads the implementation of Systems & Physical Security design elements and their associated means and methods which create a strategic benefit in safety, security, efficiency, reduced material/energy use, and integrating these into the design and planning of Facebook's office buildings and campuses through the baseline standards GRD. Our team endeavors to advance the state of Facebook offices by guiding Security Infrastructure development through strategic and innovative solutions. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Lead the GS Design/Engineering team by managing the deployment of scheduled updates, and overall communication of Constructible baseline standards (GRD, BOD, project charters, and all div-specâ€™s as necessary) to business partners
- Partners with GS Standards team for updates to the designs and specifications to support consistency and internal stakeholder alignment
- Contribute to the research and development of new designs, materials and construction methods for GS office deployments
- Communicate sustainability requirements to internal and external teams and coordinate with LEED consultants to assure sustainability objectives are incorporated into the design
- Balance short-term priorities while understanding and tracking industry standards and emerging trends to drive long-term strategy which includes performing research and developing analysis on new technologies and alternate materials, CPTED, building models of cost and environmental impact, implementing pilots of new approaches, and presenting recommendations
- Communicate and collaborate with key leaders and stakeholders across FCS/IT-EE/ & Corpnet teams to share, develop and execute on Facebook's office design/deployment strategies to meet the company's growing fleet of international and domestic offices
- BA in Architecture or a BS in Engineering (Civil, Structural)
- 5+ years of work experience in a corporate design, construction, operations, and maintenance or similar experience in mission critical and/or technical facility projects
- Knowledge and experience with design and construction program management process
- Experience with site selection due diligence and master planning of corporate campus (or other campus style projects)
- Organization and communication experience with experience communicating technical details to all organizational levels
- LEED AP or LEED Green Associate
- Professional registration
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top