Global Security Standards Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a dynamic, passionate leader to fill the position of the Global Security Standards manager, reporting to the Head of Global Security Strategic Initiatives. This role will be responsible for the identification, development and implementation of Global Security standards, policies, best practices and guidelines. Successful candidate will help us deliver on our mission of creating a safe, secure and efficient environment within Facebook locations. The manager will work in partnership with internal and external partners to develop, implement and enhance Global Security standards, help drive compliance and audit related initiatives, and will be accountable to support the creation of strategic objectives.
- Design & implement standardized processes and best practices from inception to completion, including project scope, documentation, measurements, communication and implementation support
- Create and implement effective and measurable procedures and processes, applicable globally, regionally and on a site level
- Develop creative solutions that integrate, enhance and challenge current physical protection, staffing optimization, operational expectations, security routines and business model.
- Development of compliance assessments, security audits and effective, systematic self-assessment methods for the enterprise
- Conduct thorough evaluation of potential security risks relating to capabilities of protecting people in all location types.
- Develop risk mitigation programs that prevent and mitigate likelihood of security risks developing as a result of security standards.
- Research and evaluate industry standards and benchmarks to support projects (as needed).
- Partner and manage relationships with key MPK and international stakeholders.
- Provide key business partners with information and recommendations to assist in the development and implementation of Facebook security standards and design.
- Successfully prioritize workload demands to meet project deadlines.
- Establish consistent, sustainable reporting techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years security programs and/or project management experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills that drive results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a cross-functional capacity.
- Knowledge of security standards & design, as well as security procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in driving multidimensional projects from inception to completion.
- Collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to travel as needed (roughly 25%).
- Physical Security Program Management
- Security Standards, Compliance and Audit Expert
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovative, strategic solutions
- Budget Management
- Experience with the development of processes and procedures
- Multinational corporate experience
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top