Global Security, Regional Investigator, GSII
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Global Security Investigations Team is part of the Global Security Intelligence and Investigations Team within Facebook Global Security. The Investigations Team oversees security investigations that may cause potential risks to people, assets or the reputation of Facebook. The Regional Investigator will resolve instances of internal and external, local, regional and/or global investigations, including but not limited to Insider Threat, Threats Against People, Missing Persons / KRE, Property Crimes, Fraud, Counterfeiting, Data Center Incidents, Asset Protection and Supply Chain Incidents.
The successful candidate will provide investigative expertise to support a variety of cross-functional internal Facebook clients â€" headquarters and regional offices â€" within the Facebook Company for threat assessment and investigations purposes with the goal of supporting the safety and security of our people, assets, and reputation.
The global presence of Facebook and the nature of Global Security operations require the Global Security Intelligence and Investigations Team to be available 24/7 to manage relationships, collect and analyze relevant information, and communicate to executives and stakeholders as needed regarding risks as they develop.
The candidate will work as part of a global team, be responsible for overseeing the development, execution and quality control of investigations projects, and manage strategic investigations operations as directed. This is a cross-functional role that partners closely with Intelligence, Protective Intelligence and other Global Security and Facebook internal teams.
- Produce investigative reports and threat assessments for the designated region/function
- Analyze and assess risks and threats to Facebook's people, assets and reputation across the designated region/function
- Utilize sound investigative techniques when necessary to minimize the threat to the Facebook population
- Complete team projects and products at the direction of the Manager of Investigations
- Support an environment of protecting Facebookâ€™s people, assets, and reputation through reporting, intelligence and information sharing, and partnering with Global Security and cross-functional FB partners
- Gather and analyze data to facilitate improvements in the methodologies, tools and techniques to enable the team to scale and optimize operations to mitigate potential risk
- Appropriately leverage resources, technology, information, and tactics in a manner that protects reputation and minimizes risk
- Develop and sustain a collaborative partnership with headquarters and regional partners
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other business partners to effectively support their respective Departments
- Drive a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening, and recognition of team members at all levels
- Follow company procedures and processes as it relates to Global Security best practices, and handling of confidential information
- Flexible work schedule, able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Travel to regional and global offices and events annually (
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of work experience in investigative disciplines
- Strong and problem-solving skills
- Proven effectiveness in written and verbal communication
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- Experience completing multiple tasks simultaneously and functioning with minimal supervision
- Experience working in both individual and team environments
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top