Global Security, Protective Intelligence Manager - EMEA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Global Security Protective Intelligence Team is part of the Global Security Intelligence and Investigations Team within Facebook Global Security. The Protective Intelligence Team supports intelligence-related tasks including investigations, the assessments of risk and threats, producing advisories, executive protection support and operational methods.
The successful candidate will provide analytical expertise to support a variety of cross-functional internal Facebook clients â€" headquarters and regional offices â€" within the Facebook Company for threat assessment and intelligence purposes with the goal of supporting the safety and security of our people, assets, and reputation.
The global presence of Facebook and the nature of Global Security operations require the Global Security Intelligence and Investigations Team to be available 24/7 to manage relationships, collect and analyze relevant information, and communicate to executives and stakeholders as needed regarding risks as they develop.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced people manager who excels at managing regional and global teams and has a passion for corporate security, investigations, analysis and problem-solving. The candidate will work as part of a global team, be responsible for overseeing the development, execution and quality control of intelligence projects, provide briefings to stakeholders and manage strategic intelligence and investigative operations as directed. This is a cross-functional role that partners closely with Executive Protection, Investigations, Intelligence and other Global Security and Facebook internal teams.
- Manage a regional/global team of intelligence analysts assessing risks and threats to Facebookâ€™s people, assets and reputation
- Manage investigations
- Provide guidance to team members regarding the production of intelligence reports and threat assessments for the teamâ€™s global mission
- Conduct Intelligence Briefings to executives and/or stakeholders
- Provide leadership and guidance related to the direction and completion of team projects
- Support an environment of protecting Facebookâ€™s people, assets, and reputation through pro-active intelligence reporting, information sharing, and partnering with Global Security and cross-functional FB partners
- Provide guidance to team members on the utilization of structured analytic techniques to develop tailored intelligence products and provide threat warning notifications to Facebook decision-makers, regionally and globally
- Gather and analyze data to facilitate improvements in the methodologies, tools and techniques to enable the team to scale and optimize operations to mitigate potential risk
- Appropriately leverage resources, technology, information, and tactics in a manner that protects reputation and minimizes risk
- Drive a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening, and recognition of team members at all levels
- Follow company procedures and processes as it relates to Global Security best practices, and handling of confidential information
- Provide professional development opportunities for team members and develop and implement creative and innovative solutions to allow the team to scale and optimize operations
- Responsible for managing resources to include global hiring processes, technology, tools and systems management and annual budget planning and execution
- Flexible work schedule, able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Travel to regional and global offices and events annually (
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of management experience
- 8+ years of years of relevant work experience in risk intelligence, investigations, executive protection, threat analysis, business intelligence/analysis, competitive/market intelligence/analysis, crisis management, or business continuity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of working within a global arena and managing a diverse team
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Proven effectiveness in written and verbal communication skills and ability to distill communication based on the target audience.
- Potential to promote to a higher level within the organization
- Foreign language, global work experience, travel, and professional network development
- Intelligence briefing experience
- Prior security, investigative or analytical experience.
Back to top