Global Security Programs Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Global Security Programs Manager is responsible for the identification, development and implementation of the Physical Security programs at a global level. This position will support and enable Global Security projects and initiatives with key business partners to ensure the enhancement of our safe and secure environment within Facebook location. The Programs Manager will work closely with all Global Security teams through cross functional efforts with Communications, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources and third party vendors to meet priorities, objectives and deliverables. This role will be responsible for leading a team to deliver goals and objectives.Reports to the Head of Global Security Programs. Works closely with all Global Security teams (Operations, Crisis Management, Health & Safety, Intelligence, Investigations, Data Centers, Awareness & Education, etc.), as well as Facilities, Communications, Legal and HR. Maintains a strong partnership with cross-pyramid teams, contingent workers and other project stakeholders. Works closely with external vendors as required.
- Drives large scale projects and initiatives impacting the global population of Global Security and Facebook personnel from conception to completion.
- Develop solutions to business problems at the local level and scale to meet business needs around the world.
- Demonstrates planning and strategy, ability to influencing cross function business decisions, and providing business partners with information and recommendations to mitigate risk and protect the business.
- Actively engage with Regional Leadership teams to scale in region support through development of localized solutions for key business problems, local legal requirements, and to ensure strategies are continually improving.
- Creates and implements measurable data points to drive business intelligence for strategic business planning and decision making relating to communication and reach objectives.
- Researches and evaluates industry standards and benchmarks to support projects (as needed).
- Acts as main liaison and subject matter expert for large cross functional workgroups and project management teams.
- Fosters cross pyramid partnerships and able to effectively prioritize workload demands to meet project deadlines
- Leads a team to drive for solutions and meet critical deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 4+ years physical security programs and/or project management experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills that drive results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a cross-pyramid capacity.
- Significant knowledge of program development and technical writing.
- Demonstrated skills in driving cross-pyramid projects from inception to completion and ability to work autonomously.
- Collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to travel as needed (roughly 25%).
- Extensive (10+ years) Physical Security Program & Project Management
- Knowledgeable in Physical Security best practices
- Experience with the development of training, processes and procedures
- Multinational corporate experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top