Global Security Operations Training Lead
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Supports the Global Security Operations team in physical security functions. Develops and implements training and exercise plans, and develops training schedules, to ensure teams maintain proficiency in Global Security Operations Protocols and Crisis Management processes. Coordinates regular audits of existing protocols and processes to ensure operational efficiency, alignment, and implementation of best practices. Supports execution of Global Security projects that improve GSOC capabilities and processes by utilizing analytical skills to plan out actions and tasks. Addresses project preparedness efforts to mitigate, prepare, respond to and recover from emergency events and security related incidents that could potentially impact Facebook. Utilizes project management experience to lead and/or support company-wide or cross-functional projects related to security operations, security related training programs and crisis management.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to develop and execute project tasks.
- Develop and implement training and exercise plans and schedules
- Identifies critical interest areas and develops strategies for improvement.
- Develops relationships with multiple business partners, internal and external.
- Implement Global Security operational plans and projects to meet GSOC goals and objectives
- Supports watch floor operations, including setting and maintaining criteria, incident assessment, training, validation, and escalation.
- Regularly review standard operating procedures and protocols to ensure GSO training plans continue to align with operational needs
- Maintains project integrity by performing quality assurance functions.
- Develops and updates communications materials for strategic projects.
- Provides key business partners with information and recommendations to assist in the development of training and communication supporting all areas of security operations.
- Communicates initiative status and feedback to managers, key stakeholders, and senior management throughout the organization.
- Through regular engagement with cross-functional partners, maintains awareness of company-wide software application developments that may have direct application within the GSOC/SOCs.
- Global Security SME for Tableau and data development.
- Create data-driven reports daily, weekly, and monthly and also ad-hoc for Global Security Operations and Global Security team as a whole.
- Develop failover documentation and note/follow up on technology issues related to systems failover
- Liaison for multiple teams within and outside of Global Security.
- Liaison for Regional SOC requests, communication, documentation, and training.
- Vendor management, task delegation, and project timeline creation and tracking in relation to Global Security teams.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in an operations center environment
- A high level technical understanding of physical security systems such as access control (CCure), Video Management System (Genetec, etc.) or network systems
- Direct project management experience
- Possesses planning, organizational, and motivational skills
- Able to write in technical and non-technical formats
- Experience in root cause analysis, industry benchmarking, survey evaluation and data interpretation
- Has the ability to apply logic and reason to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and think outside the box
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top