Global Security Manager, Protective Intelligence
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Global Security Manager, Protective Intelligence, manages investigations into any direct or implied threat to Facebook Executives, to include brand or proprietary risk issues. Coordinates Facebook's response to Executive threats and executes various types of investigative activities, to support business requests and external inquiries. Interfaces with Company personnel across multiple business units and countries. Implements proactive and responsive solutions. Promotes a positive environment compliant with laws, regulations, and Company policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Independently oversee, lead and build strategy for the Protective Intelligence program
- Manage a team of Analysts positioned globally to assess executive risk
- Provide expert consultative and problem-solving services to a variety of internal clients under general supervision from the Head of Global Investigations & Protective Intelligence
- Provide leadership and guidance related to the direction and completion of team projects
- Drive a respectful team culture-centered on open communication, sharing, listening, and recognition of team members at all levels
- Follow company procedures and processes as it relates to Global Security best practices, and handling of confidential information
- Provide professional development opportunities for team members, and develop and implement creative and innovative solutions to allow the team to scale and optimize operations
- Educate clients on policies, processes, procedures and guidelines and the relevance to the cases at hand
- Understand client needs - build and foster relationships with clients and deliver at a high service level
- Work with clients to identifies solutions that meet business needs
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and execute to favorable outcomes
- Complete tasks within time and financial budget constraints
- Maintain complete confidentiality.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years experience in private industry
- Experience managing an internationally based group
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Flexible work schedule, able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Bachelors Degree in security-related field
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Communication skills and ability to distill communication based on the target audience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top