Global Security Governance Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Global Security is on a rapid growth and maturation journey and we have a bold vision to create a unique, applicable Governance program that will enable us to more effectively support Facebook's mission. We are excited and committed to designing and formalizing our long-term strategy and roadmap to ensure that GS aligns with the business drivers of our key partners and stakeholders. This role requires a dynamic personality that can work successfully in a diverse environment, drive clarity and reduce ambiguity. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of high impact ideas and initiatives and experience applying strong analytic skills and strategic frameworks to support complex business decisions.
- Define, build, and communicate a Governance Program for the Global Security organization that recognizes the culture of Facebook, meets the business needs of Global Security, and creates integrations and synergies with other partners.
- Articulate and communicate relevant governance models and insights using existing tools and datasets.
- Develop and socialize critical metrics for all areas of accountability.
- Coordinate Governance activities, to include: meetings, ensuring reports and documentation are provided to appropriate leaders and partner as needed, capturing, tracking and enforcing action items.
- Support the development of practices, processes, mechanisms and the documentation for these activities, both internally and with working groups.
- Ensure governance controls and processes are robust and appropriate design and build scalable, automation tools and services to meet these needs.
- Liaise with cross-functional partners to ensure that our Governance program captures and addresses the various regulations and industry trends.
- Identify and lead efficiency improvements across the Global Security organization.
- Support the development of, and drive controls to provide, synergetic engagement with key partners and stakeholders.
- Continuously collaborate with Global Security leadership and cross-functional partners across the company to encompass the goals of the business into the Global Security strategy.
- Support planning and strategy development with leaders across Global Security and the Facebook ecosystem to drive efficient organizational integration and alignment.
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of the strategy and implementation roadmap that delivers Global Security and Governance aims and objectives.
- Ensure strategic direction of projects and programs and alignment of such with enterprise-wide goals and objectives.
- Work cross-functionally to identify business initiatives needed to deliver on corporate and department-level priorities.
- 5+ years of experience in Governance Program management
- Experience building a Governance Program from the ground up
- 5+ years of strategy, consulting, or business planning experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven record of delivering the full life cycle of programs and initiatives from design through delivery and optimization in organizations of similar size and complexity
- Effective interpersonal, communication and leadership skills to influence operational changes, drive collaboration and maximize adoption of new ideas, tools and practices
- Track record of partnering with business, engineering, and data science teams to deliver data-driven insights and translating those into process improvement recommendations
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business situations
- Ability and desire to collaborate and work with cross functional stakeholders across different time zones
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities and refined analytical skills
- Aptitude for learning new terminology quickly
- Experience working in fast-paced work environments
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks concurrently with acute attention to detail
- Candid, transparent, dynamic and trustworthy
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top