Global Security Event Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Global Security Services Team is seeking a Global Security Events Manager to coordinate across all facets of the Global Security Team and will coordinate and work closely with Event Managers (non-security) across the company. This dynamic leader will work with multiple cross-functional entities to ensure comprehensive support of executives and employees at highly-visible events and conferences. The role requires strong operational, strategic, and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the Principles of Protection, that will allow them to think independently, make constructive recommendations for program improvements, and problem solve quickly. We are looking for a customer service oriented individual that is diligent, detail-oriented, proactive, works very well both independently and in a team, and has demonstrated excellent judgment and decision-making skills. This is a full-time position with global responsibility reporting to the Director, Global Security Services and will be located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA office.
- Maintain close partnerships with Facebook Global Events, Global Security Intelligence and Travel team(s).
- Strategically and holistically plans security support for events in coordination with non-security groups responsible for global events.
- Conduct security advances, and gives clear, concise security recommendations.
- Prepare briefings on events for Security and Business leaders.
- Adhere to company privacy and confidentiality guideline and policies.
- Engages, influences and inspires others, and should be sought out for expertise, assistance and mentorship.
- Inclusive and respectful in working with others, and conveys a sense of trust and integrity.
- Effectively interfaces with cross-functional teams on questions regarding the support of executives and employees.
- Can bring forward ideas to improve the program and, with limited oversight, can effectively execute.
- National and international travel will be required, in addition to some night and weekend assignments.
- 5+ years of experience in managing event security for large (5000 plus) attendees, executive protections, protection of individuals, or similar assignment(s).
- Experience in protection strategies, tactics, and technology.
- Experience in solving logistical problems, and leading a teams of security professionals.
- Experience in multi-tasking.
- Experience in analyzing information, determining contexts, taking appropriate action, and choosing the correct course of action.
- Experience in adapting and maintaining productivity.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Project management experience including: organization, communications, documentation, and cross group collaboration.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top