Global Security, Area Manager, APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Global Security Services aims to be a world class security organization, constantly evolving and innovating to support Facebookâ€™s mission of giving people the power to build community and to connect the world. The Global Security Area Manager is responsible for protecting people, assets and the reputation of all Facebook personnel and facilities within a region.
The Global Security Area Manager, reports to the Global Security Services Manager (GSSM) and works in harmony with other Global Security teams within their area of responsibility.
The Global Security Area Manager is a physical security professional and builds and maintains strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, ensuring consistency of policy, standards and guidance together with effective and efficient security services.
This position will be located in Sydney office.
- Management of the Global Security Service (GSS) team including 24/7 security services for routine operations and internal and external events, and a reception team.
- Ensure compliance with policies and standards.
- Assist with security and safety awareness training programs.
- Building relationships with local law enforcement and landlords or Facilities teams to support Facebook security initiatives.
- Building partnerships with internal stakeholders to enable their work and to maintain a secure working environment.
- Managing incidents ensuring swift resolution, minimal disruption and identifying lessons to continually improve responses.
- 5+ years of security management experience across multiple sites.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effective planning, organizational, and motivational skills
- Communication skills in read and write.
- Relevant degree
- Recognized security accreditation (CPP, PSP, CSyP, CSMP etc.)
Back to top