Global Safety Project Manager, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. The Safety team within Community Operations strives to create a safe atmosphere for the Facebook and Instagram communities through outstanding support, education, and care for the various people around the world who use our platforms. We pride ourselves in helping prevent online and real-world harm by building fast, scalable support systems to address safety-related incidents on our products, and by influencing others to collaborate on cross-functional initiatives.
Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We are seeking a resilient self-starter who is eager to learn, is passionate about protecting users, and is excited to build systems to support millions of people. We value people who can strategically drive the team using macro-level insights, while still caring for micro-level cases affecting people around the globe. We're targeting an intellectually curious and creative individual who is comfortable operating in ambiguity — a strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Develop an understanding of safety issues and the architecture and integration points of Facebook's community safety support processes, products, and policies
- Develop and lead global projects, establish working team goals, and work with team members and leaders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and sharing results
- Deliver projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research, and strategy development, working directly with global cross-functional teams to implement next-generation community experiences through process, policy and product improvements
- Track and analyze key operational metrics to understand the support ecosystem and help determine where to focus optimization efforts
- Build relationships with global and cross-functional partners to drive improvements to the community support experience for top safety issues
- Communicate process, policy and product concepts effectively to senior leadership, business and cross-functional partners
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years experience working in an Operations, Project Management, Analytics, Product, or equivalent team
- 5+ years of experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences
- Strategic thinker with analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with graphic or sensitive content on a regular basis
- Experience working in a technology company or consulting firm
- Experience with process design, implementation, and improvement
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top