Global Operations Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our mission in Global Operations Engineering is to build and operationalize the tools and automation that power integrity, labeling, and support for Global Operations, which builds and runs world-class processes at a global scale that minimizes harm to people and society and maximizes the success and well-being of our ecosystem of users, reviewers, advertisers, stakeholders and partners. By joining us, you will have the opportunity to develop and support intelligent and efficient solutions to reduce bad experiences across the Facebook family of apps and services.
We recognize how important it is for Facebook to be a place where people feel empowered to build community, take seriously our role in keeping abuse off our services, and do so in close partnership with operations, policy, product and software engineering teams. We are looking for Engineers that share our passion for helping to make Facebook a safe place for people and businesses to connect across the world. The right candidate will be comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate and focused on positively impacting the experience of a large scale global workforce and the entire Facebook Community.
- Build complex enterprise systems, workflows, and high-quality tools enabling operations at scale
- Build highly reliable and performant systems with appropriate monitoring and alerting
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Work closely with product managers, product designers, and partner engineers to lead or contribute to large-scale strategic projects
- Use software engineering skill sets in a business organization to drive meaningful business impact by looking at problems through an operational lens
- 3+ years of programming experience
- Experience writing self-documented code
- Experience assessing, analyzing and resolving issues using data
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
Back to top