Global Occupational Health, & Safety Program Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Global Occupational Health, & Safety Program Manager designs, develops, authors, and manages company EHS policies, standards, programs and processes to: a) ensure global and regional compliance with applicable local, regional, national and federal EHS regulations, directives and standards; and b) mitigate, prevent or control EHS risks arising from operations or the business. The Global Occupational Health, & Safety Program Manager serves as the companyâ€™s lead EHS subject matter expert on: technical and regulatory aspects, EHS management systems, technical standards, and EHS best practices. The Global Occupational Health, & Safety Program Manager is accountable for: a) the design, development, authoring and deployment of company-wide compliance assurance programs; b) providing comprehensive risk analysis and risk management actions; c) leading continuous improvement actions, programs or processes on compliance assurance, incident prevention, injury prevention, pollution prevention and other EHS performance indicators; d) managing incident investigation and corrective measure implementation; and e) evaluating and implementing EHS best practices to continuously improve compliance and management effectiveness. The Global Occupational Health, & Safety Program Manager: builds collaborative and productive working relationships; networks with, and appropriately involves key internal and external stakeholders; influences key business decisions as well as functional and operational EHS strategies; plans, executes, and evaluates complex assignments that have a broad impact on operations and the business.
- Monitor, interpret, and assess existing or emerging EHS laws, regulations, regulatory policy, and industry practices, determine operational and business impacts and develop, integrate and execute global EHS strategies, policies, programs, procedures, standards, training, processes and actions throughout the business organization to effectively manage applicable or relevant requirements.
- Design, develop, author and sustain the programs, procedures, processes and systems to global and geographical and regional compliance with EHS law.
- Perform EHS compliance applicability reviews and EHS risk assessments and implement effective programs, procedures, processes and systems to ensure regulatory compliance and protect employees, communities and the environment.
- Develop, align and implement long-term EHS strategies and annual or short term EHS action plans, projects or initiatives that effectively manages EHS compliance and risk mitigation objectives with business and operational needs, operating plans, capital planning, resource staffing and budgeting.
- Developing, integrating and executing policies, programs, procedures, standards, training, processes and actions throughout the business organization to drive EHS vision, mission, policy and strategies.
- Functions in a leadership role regarding: agency enforcement actions, regulatory proposals, permitting issues and negotiations, EHS technical, engineering, and science support, assessment and control of EHS issues arising from operational processes, supply-chain, equipment, and materials.
- Perform audits and reviews to identify systemic EHS management gaps, develop corrective measures and implement solutions to sustain compliance with EHS law and company EHS strategies, policies or standards.
- Leverage lessons learned and develop continuous improvement EHS programs.
- Provide EHS service, solutions, programs, best practices and technical guidance to business management and support functions to effectively and efficiently manage compliance assurance and EHS risk mitigation.
- Manage enterprise-wide impact of EHS incident investigations to determine and implement root cause corrective actions.
- Collect, measure and analyze regional and site EHS metrics and KPI performances, to discover trends for continuous improvement or corrective measures.
- Perform management reviews and report on EHS performance and tactical and strategic improvement planning.
- Partner and collaborate with the business and support functions, to influence and manage EHS resources and projects and business decisions.
- Design, develop, implement, execute and sustain company-wide employee safety and injury prevention programs.
- Design, develop, implement, execute and sustain company-wide environmental permit management and pollution prevention programs.
- Manage regulatory agency and external stakeholder EHS activities, including reporting, visits, or inspections.
- BS or MS in environmental, health, safety or scientific or engineering field.
- 10+ yearsâ€™ experience in an EHS programs, operations or engineering function within Fortune 500 multi-national companies.
- 10+ yearsâ€™ experience of applied international EHS compliance management, including regulatory and permitting in North America, South America, EMEA and Asia-Pacific regulatory jurisdictions.
- 5+ yearsâ€™ experience managing global EHS policies, standards, programs, or procedures.
- 3+ yearsâ€™ experience in OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO 45001 or similar accredited EHS management systems.
- Knowledge of global and US-based EHS legal requirements (i.e.: Regulations, Codes, Standards, Directives, and Administrative Policies) and provide regulatory, technical and EHS engineering knowledge, and EHS management systems.
- Experience with communication, presenting proposed plans and results to management, and influencing leadership.
- Experience communicating with leadership.
- Experience developing and implementing goals and strategies based on organization goals.
- Advanced degrees in safety/industrial/quality engineering, safety or other science or engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- EHS professional membership, registration and/or certification from an accredited organization in one or more of the following areas: safety engineering or management, occupational health or industrial hygiene, hazardous materials management, or environmental engineering or management.
- Advanced membership, registration and/or certification for OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO 45001, ISO9001 or similar accredited EHS management systems.
- Experience with tactical and strategic regulatory leadership and direction as well as working with limited supervision while being responsible for project management, compliance assurance, risk mitigation, injury prevention and environmental management.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple & technical assignments concurrently.
- Organized, analytical, detail-oriented, problem-solver, project management skills and strong focus on results.
- Experience leading and motivating cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Back to top