Global Mobility Operations Specialist
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As part of Facebook's Global People Operations team, the Global Mobility Operations Specialist will work to deliver a premium employee experience, by scaling operations and processes, in addition to managing strong internal stakeholder and partner relationships. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in program management, vendor partnership and demonstrated success independently working across the multiple activities of a global mobility program. This hands-on role will work closely with the People Operations team to oversee the global mobility (tax, relocation & immigration) case management system. They will partner closely with HRBP's, Recruiting, Global Mobility, Compensation, Benefits, Legal, Payroll, and others to ensure a seamless mobility experience to our employees.
- Ensure that our vendors and internal partners provide assistance to employees, managers and business stakeholders by leveraging internal shared services and outsourced partners for transactional activity.
- As part of a tiered support model, manage process flow as it pertains to initiations, vendor contact and employee questions and process improvement.
- Provide technical escalation support and responses to internal shared services team and take ownership of employee escalations and exception requests.
- Examine existing work flow and global mobility offerings, to identify and effectively transition processes to shared services model.
- Partner with People Operations or Global Mobility on specialized projects with strategic focus on mobility policy, vendor selection and performance management, stakeholder education and consultation.
- Provide subject matter expertise for corporate development activity, i.e., mergers and acquisitions.
- Lead various internal reviews or audits of mobility data, processes and policies.
- Collaborate with growing global mobility team on other team initiatives and projects as assigned.
- Take on additional program ownership in the mobility area as team scales to meet company growth needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in global mobility, Human Resources or directly related field.
- 5+ years working in a technical role within global mobility.
- Experience with US visa types and processes.
- Experience managing transitions related to M&A activity.
- Experience scaling programs/processes.
- Experience leading industry transforming practices.
- Project management experience driving projects from conception to implementation.
- Experience exercising independent judgment while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Experience working with confidential data.
- Experience handling sensitive matters.
- Industry in-house mobility program experience.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top