Global Mobility Manager - Location Planning
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Global Mobility Manager - Location Planning in Facebookâ€™s Global Mobility (GloMo) team partners cross-functionally to guide and execute the company location strategy. You will drive and manage projects that grow Facebook's global footprint. The ideal candidate will understand the complexities of a global business and partner on building solutions for business leaders. We are looking for someone who can be flexible in their approach to solutions and problem solving, work well with ambiguity and is not afraid get their hands dirty. This role suits someone who is capable of jumping in and driving multiple and varied projects, combining strategy with execution.
This position reports to the Global Mobility Manager - Location Strategy and is part of our Global Mobility center of excellence based in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters.
- Support the Global Mobility Manager - Location Strategy & Global Mobility Manager - Site Optimization in building and executing the company location strategy
- Project management - team with facilities to project manage the People aspects of new office openings, team moves and growth projects as the company expands
- Partner cross-functionally with facilities teams, legal, policy, tax, immigration, communications, HRBPs and business leaders to collect key data and insights
- Build a close partnership with People Analytics to create site measurement and analysis around our current and future locations
- Team with Global Mobility Manager - Site Optimization to support analysis, project management and implementation of housing and commute solutions for Facebook people
- Partner with HRBPs to understand nuances and challenges in global locations and partner on building solutions
- Conduct location analysis projects for teams growing globally
- Bachelorâ€™s degree
- 8+ years of experience in planning for global organizational (either in-house or with consulting firms)
- Knowledge in doing business internationally and the challenges in working with a dispersed workforce
- Experience managing & driving global projects from beginning to end
- Experience building relationships cross-functionally and driving a team to a business-oriented solution
- Communication experience and knowledge in creating presentations
- Experience working with data and analysis
- Experience exercising judgment and discretion while working with all levels of company leadership
- Experience working hands-on on projects
- Global mobility experience
- 5+ years experience working in HR consulting at a top consulting firm or 5+ years experience at a multi-national organization planning and implementing geographic People strategies
- Ability to quickly become a subject matter expert in all areas that pertain to organizational growth
Back to top