Global Mobility Manager â€" Site Optimization
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Global Mobility Manager â€" Site Optimization in Facebookâ€™s Global Mobility (GloMo) team partners cross-functionally to guide, inform, and execute housing, commute, and company location strategy projects. You will drive and manage projects that allow Facebook to address housing and commute needs of employees in a way that benefits the company and local communities in tandem, and to grow Facebook's global footprint in a way that best positions it to attract and retain the worldâ€™s best talent.
The ideal candidate will understand the complexities of urban infrastructure and the opportunities and constraints presented by global business growth in challenging markets. They will have an in-depth understanding of housing markets from the policy, finance, and community perspectives, and will understand how commutes link work and home. We are looking for someone who can be flexible in their approach to solutions and problem solving, work well with ambiguity and is not afraid get their hands dirty. This role suits someone who is capable of jumping in and driving multiple and varied projects, combining analysis, strategy and execution.
This position reports to the Global Mobility Manager â€" Site Optimization and is part of our Global Mobility center of excellence based in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters.
- Support the Global Mobility Manager - Site Optimization and Global Mobility Manager - Location Strategy in building and executing the company location strategy and associated projects
- Partner cross-functionally with facilities teams, legal, policy, communications, HRBPs and business leaders to collect key data and insights
- Partner cross-functionally with other parts of the people team, policy, facilities, communications, and legal teams to evaluate housing and commute strategies from all perspectives
- Build a close partnership with Facebookâ€™s People Analytics team to evaluate housing and commute needs of employees and develop shared roadmap for measurement and reporting
- Lead or support project management with outside vendors and partners, facilities, and policy to implement housing and commute programs that benefit Facebook and local communities together
- Conduct ad-hoc location analysis projects for teams growing globally, utilizing data, insights, strategies and measurement as aforementioned
- Bachelorâ€™s degree
- 8+ years of experience in urban planning, real estate investment, architecture, location planning, economics or other planning role for global organizations (either in-house or with consulting firms)
- Knowledge in doing business internationally and the challenges in working with a dispersed workforce
- Experience managing & driving global projects from beginning to end
- Experience building relationships cross-functionally and driving a team to a business-oriented solution
- Communication experience and experience in creating presentations
- Experience working with data and conducting analysis
- Experience exercising judgment and discretion while working with all levels of company leadership
- Experience working hands-on on projects
- Global mobility experience
- 5+ years experience working in urban land use consulting or within a multi-national organization planning and implementing geographic growth strategies
- Expertise in visual presentation tools and illustration e.g., Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to quickly become a subject matter expert in all areas that pertain to organizational growth
Back to top