Global Investigations Manager, Escalations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Community Operations Escalations Team coordinates across different internal and external teams to help intelligently scale enforcement and application of Facebook's Community Standards. We are looking for a full-time Investigations Manager to help us identify areas for improvement for Community Support, solve challenging problems, and most importantly, help to prevent them in future. This is an exciting leadership opportunity to help drive impact and strengthen user trust on Facebook and Instagram.
The Investigations Manager will assume management responsibilities of our Global Investigations team, ensuring that we build a deep understanding of issues impacting our community and provide direction and mentorship to a motivated, high-performing, global team. We are seeking a leader who loves investigating problems, identifying root causes, and rallying people to drive change across a global organization. You work well in high-pressure situations, are comfortable with both tools/system and policy, and have excellent cross-functional and communication skills.
This is a full time position, based in the Menlo Park, California office.
- Provide strategic direction and thought leadership to our Global Escalations Investigations team
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to a team of global investigations specialists — work with direct reports on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
- Strategy Development: spearhead our postmortems methodology, creating a unified message and an understanding of events and root causes
- Identify and recommend improvements to policies, processes, systems, and products that mitigate risk to the company
- Develop and maintain tight coordination with global cross-functional teams including PR/Communications, Public Policy, Product and Legal and others to problem solve and develop solutions
- Use quantitative & qualitative research methods to perform post-hoc root cause analyses on designated high priority escalations
- Share postmortems analyses, decision making rationale, solutions, general research and best practices with senior leadership
- Remain up to date on key workflow changes, operational guidelines, policy updates, and Community Standards
- Operations domain expertise: 6+ years of experience working in large-scale operations, domains such as online operations, escalations, informational systems, compliance, risk management, policy, legal operations or management consulting. Deep expertise in all success factors for a mature operations.
- Leadership: 2+ years of people management experience with proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing high performing and highly engaged teams
- Customer experience thought leadership and empathy: Strategic thinker with proven track record of transforming operations to provide customer experience through innovation and continuous improvement
- Communication: Influencing skills with global cross-functional leaders as an advocate for FB community. Demonstrated experience influencing across functional boundaries and/or globally.
- BS/BA Degree or higher
- Experience managing remotely, across global regions
- Prior experience with analytical tools (like Excel, SQL, or R)
- Advanced degree in philosophy, business, policy, information systems, journalism or legal
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top