Global Investigations Manager, Data Centers
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Global Security Investigations Team is part of the Global Security Intelligence and Investigations Team within Facebook Global Security. The Investigations Team oversees security investigations that may cause potential risks to people, assets or the reputation of Facebook. The Global Investigations Manager will oversee the resolution of internal and external, local, regional and/or global investigations, including but not limited to Insider Threat, Threats Against People, Missing Persons/KRE, Property Crimes, Fraud, Counterfeiting, Data Center Incidents, Asset Protection and Supply Chain Incidents.
The successful candidate will provide investigative expertise to support a variety of cross-functional internal Facebook clients â€" headquarters and regional offices â€" within the Facebook Company for threat assessment and investigations purposes with the goal of supporting the safety and security of our people, assets, and reputation.
The global presence of Facebook and the nature of Global Security operations require the Global Security Intelligence and Investigations Team to be available 24/7 to manage relationships, collect and analyze relevant information, and communicate to executives and stakeholders as needed regarding risks as they develop.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced people manager who excels at managing regional and global teams and drive for corporate security, analysis and problem-solving. The candidate will work as part of a global team, be responsible for overseeing the development, execution and quality control of investigations projects, and manage strategic investigations operations as directed. This is a cross-functional role that partners closely with Intelligence, Protective Intelligence and other Global Security and Facebook internal teams.
- Manage a regional/global team of Investigators assessing risks and threats to Facebookâ€™s people, assets and reputation.
- Provide guidance to Investigations members regarding the production of reports and threat assessments for the teamâ€™s global mission.
- Investigate and resolve cases by demonstrating good judgment through execution of investigation tactics.
- Provide leadership and guidance related to the direction and completion of team projects.
- Collaborate with business partners to identify and address trends, which can be mitigated against.
- Provide guidance to team members in conducting/supporting investigations involving medium to high levels of complexity.
- Gather and analyze data to facilitate improvements in the methodologies, tools and techniques to enable the team to scale and optimize operations to mitigate potential risk.
- Appropriately leverage resources, technology, information, and tactics in a manner that protects reputation and minimizes risk.
- Drive a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening, and recognition of team members at all levels.
- Follow company procedures and processes as it relates to Global Security best practices, and handling of confidential information.
- Provide professional development opportunities for team members and develop and implement creative and innovative solutions to allow the team to scale and optimize operations.
- Responsible for managing resources to include global hiring processes, technology, tools and systems management and annual budget planning and execution.
- Flexible work schedule, able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Travel to regional and global offices and events annually (
- Reports to Head of Investigations, Global Security Intelligence and Investigations.
- Develops and sustains a collaborative partnership with headquarter and regional partners.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other business partners and leaders to effectively support their respective Departments.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- 8+ years of work experience corporate/public investigations, threat analysis, internal investigations, crisis management, or business continuity.
- Experience building and scaling investigations program on a global level.
- Proven track record of working within a global arena and managing a team.
- Experience working with confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience completing multiple tasks simultaneously and functioning with minimal supervision.
- Foreign language, overseas work experience, travel, and professional network development
- Security or investigations experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top