Global Immigration Partner
- New York, NY
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
A Global Immigration Partner works at all levels of the company to help execute on our global immigration strategy. The ideal candidate will have significant previous experience in a global immigration attorney role or in-house at a fast-growing multinational company. Strong vendor management/partnership and demonstrated success independently managing multiple activities for a large global immigration program are required.The successful candidate will be part of a team that ensures the global immigration program runs smoothly across the various insourced and outsourced operations teams and that we are in compliance with government regulations - all the while delivering a premium people experience.
- Provide in-depth counsel with analysis of global immigration processes, identification of process and policy gaps, drafting of policy and process revisions and assist with the implementation of new or revised programs. A significant part of this role will be to oversee our large, vendor managed business visa program.
- Provide consultations on the most complex and high level matters to develop strategies to mitigate risk and provide timely solutions. Manage escalations to a timely resolution.
- Lead or Partner with the Global Immigration Manager, on specialized projects with strategic focus on global immigration policy, vendor selection and performance management, stakeholder education and consultation and advising, implementing, maintaining and reporting on immigration policy matters.
- Ensure that our vendors and internal partners provide a high quality experience to employees, managers and business stakeholders by leveraging internal shared services and outsourced partners for transactional activity while focusing on more strategic initiatives.
- Role model partnership and collaboration at all levels with internal stakeholders, to deliver our high bar of people experience.
- Provide critical subject matter expertise for corporate development activity, i.e., mergers and acquisitions.
- Lead various internal reviews or audits of immigration data, processes and policies.
- Develop and deliver company-wide education materials, FAQ and internal policy resources.
- Collaborate with a growing global mobility team on other team initiatives and projects as assigned.
- Expected to take on additional program ownership in the immigration area as team scales to meet company growth needs.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in immigration, Human Resources or directly related field.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a technical role within global immigration.
- Experience articulating complex/nuanced immigration matters to leadership and/or stakeholders.
- Experience with project management skills across multiple disciplines and stakeholders - driving projects from conception to implementation.
- Knowledge of global visa types, processes and experience reviewing case facts to determine the optimal filing type quickly.
- Experience exercising independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Experience critically analyzing situations and spot potential issues.
- Experience with attention to detail and accuracy and working with highly confidential data that requires 100% accuracy. Experience absorbing/retaining large amounts of data.
- Experience with communication skills and handling sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience working independently but contributing within a team environment.
- Experience managing transitions related to M&A activity independently and quickly.
- Industry in-house immigration and mobility program experience or strong and progressive thinking law firm experience.
Back to top