Global Head of Data Management
(Austin, TX - Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a leader to help lead the Data Management team within the Product & Service Operations (PSO) organization. The Data Management team is a newly formed team responsible for supporting all data strategy and data governance related aspects of Facebook's business systems. This role will entail working directly with stakeholders and business leaders to help execute on the data strategy. This individual will assist in leading in developing and executing a plan for rolling out the master data management and data governance. This person must also ensure that the functionality and data meet the needs of the business. This position can be located in Menlo Park CA, Austin TX, or New York NY.
- Responsible for establishing operational data governance across all business systems by creating a framework and working with functional leaders to define roles and responsibilities
- Work to improve processes for determining, investigating and resolving data quality issues, and an on-going process for maintaining quality data, and defining data quality audit procedures
- Act as the business lead on a number of projects related to the Enterprise Data Management programs to capture business requirements and validate those requirements are met by the completion of each project
- Develop a strong understanding of business processes and business objectives and help formulate data strategy accordingly and build consensus with business stakeholders
- Participate in strategic projects to ensure data governance standards for Facebook are integrated into new initiatives and applications
- Develop Technical Metadata and Business Glossary for Facebook business systems by partnering with the business systems teams and IT
- Provide thought leadership in the data management space by establishing best practices and creating execution plan for the overall data strategy vision
- Design internal controls on data elements in line with Facebook's Data Strategy.
- Demonstration of continued progression and experience managing one or more of the following:
- Data-intensive operational functions
- Adoption and maintenance of corporate data policies
- Design of internal controls over data elements
- Ability to work independently on cross-functional teams
- Allocating and tracking data governance work across team members
- Manage and mentor team in the data governance to help them grow and become knowledgeable to execute independently in the domain
- Scope/Supervision and Interaction: This position works as a liaison between Facebook's business groups and engineers, and will interact with senior internal personnel
- Develop and manage operational workflows to support data management initiatives to achieve KPIs (i.e. error rates, turnaround time, efficiency)
- Oversee data management outsourced operations across multiple global locations and languages
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years related information systems experience
- 8+ years of data management experience
- Experience with industry leading MDM tools
- Experience developing Data Governance principles, standards and procedures
- 10+ years experience with focus on systems, data information and operations
- 10+ years of people management
- Quantitative and analytic skills.
- Communication skills, along with ability to interact with business
- Experience resolving and communicating about issues with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Data related certifications e.g. CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional)
- Experience with structured query language such as SQL
- Experience with SFDC
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top