Global EHS Manager, Training & Programs
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The EHS Training Manager authors and manages company EHS programs and processes to: a) ensure global and regional training compliance with applicable local, regional, national and federal EHS regulations, directives and standards; and b) mitigate, prevent or control EHS risks arising from operations or the business. The Training Manager serves as an EHS subject matter expert for regulatory training content, delivery, tracking and processes. The Training Manager is accountable for the development, authoring and deployment of: a) company-wide compliance training programs; b) EHS technical and engineering training; c) occupational safe work practice training; d) occupational injury prevention training; e) environmental pollution prevention practice training; f) EHS risk management training; and g) evaluating and implementing EHS best practices to continuously improve compliance and management effectiveness. The Training Manager: The EHS Manager: builds collaborative and productive working relationships; networks with, and appropriately involves key internal and external stakeholders; influences EHS plans; executes, and evaluates complex assignments that have an impact on EHS objectives and performance.
- Monitor, interpret, and assess existing or emerging EHS laws, regulations, regulatory policy, and industry practices, determine operational and business impacts and develop training material and processes effectively manage applicable or relevant requirements.
- Develop, author and sustain the training programs, procedures, and processes necessary for global, geographical and regional operations.
- Developing, integrating and executing training programs, procedures, standards, processes and actions throughout the business organization to drive EHS vision, mission, policy and strategies.
- Functions in a support role regarding: EHS technical, engineering, and science support.
- Assessment and control of EHS issues arising from operational processes, supply-chain, equipment, and materials.
- Perform audits and reviews to identify systemic EHS training gaps, develop corrective measures and implement solutions to sustain compliance with EHS law and company EHS strategies, policies or standards. Leverage lessons learned and develop continuous improvement EHS training programs.
- Provide EHS service, solutions, programs, best practices and technical guidance to business management and support functions to effectively and efficiently manage compliance assurance and EHS risk mitigation.
- Collect, measure and analyze company-wide, regional and site EHS training metrics and KPI performances, to discover trends for continuous improvement or corrective measures. Perform management reviews and report on EHS training performance and tactical and strategic improvement planning.
- Partner and collaborate with the business and support functions, to influence and manage EHS resources and projects and EHS training decisions.
- Develop and implement company-wide employee safety and injury prevention training programs. Develop and implement company-wide environmental permit and pollution prevention training programs.
- Able to travel 20-40%.
- BS or MS in environmental, health, safety or scientific or engineering field.
- 10+ years' experience in an EHS programs, operations or engineering function within Fortune 500 multi-national companies.
- 10+ years' experience of applied international EHS compliance management, including regulatory and permitting in North America, South America, EMEA and Asia-Pacific regulatory jurisdictions.
- Knowledge of global and US-based EHS legal requirements (i.e.: Regulations, Codes, Standards, Directives, and Administrative Policies) and provide regulatory knowledge, technical experience, EHS engineering knowledge, best practices and EHS management systems.
- Experience in tactical and strategic regulatory leadership and direction as well as work well with limited supervision for project management, compliance assurance, risk mitigation, injury prevention and environmental management.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple & technically assignments concurrently.
- Analytical, problem-solver, and project management experience.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in teams. Experience establishing and maintaining cross-functional working relationships. Experience working and leading others.
- Communication experience.
- Experience communicating with and influencing leadership.
- Experience developing and implementing goals and strategies based on organization goals.
- 5+ years' experience managing global EHS policies, standards, programs, or procedures.
- 3+ years' experience in OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO 45001 or similar accredited EHS management systems.
- Advanced degrees in safety/industrial/quality engineering, safety or other science or engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- EHS professional membership, registration and/or certification from an accredited organization in one or more of the following areas: safety engineering or management, occupational health or industrial hygiene, hazardous materials management, or environmental engineering or management.
- Advanced membership, registration and/or certification for OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO 45001, ISO9001 or similar accredited EHS management systems.
Back to top