Global Director, Workplace - Sales
(London, United Kingdom - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a seasoned leader who is passionate about technology and changing the way people work to join our growing Workplace by Facebook team.
In this role, you will lead the overall functional and strategic coordination of the sales team, as well as the leadership of all of the sales activities of the business. You will own acquisition of new customers, including initial market demand generation and all lead-to-close activities. The successful candidate will be a natural leader who has led global sales in a SaaS business. Workplace is a 'pay for performance' business model and charges customers based on active users, with no long-term commitments. For long term success, this Sales leader will ensure a strong strategic fit at time of initial customer acquisition.
The successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial, strategic, and results-oriented with proven success in building and leading a global team, building sales programs and processes, and cross-functional collaboration. They will have the ability to set vision, build a team and execute measurable results This role will report to the Vice President, Workplace, and will be based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Drive Workplace's customer acquisition globally, in collaboration with cross-functional teams (including Marketing and Partnerships)
- Lead a highly-motivated and high-achieving global Sales team, including hiring, training, mentoring and leadership
- Develop and operationalize sales processes, from lead to close
- Develop and implement the best and most effective processes, tools and motivational activities to support sales activities that are rooted in solid, repeatable practices
- Hold people responsible for performance: Define and manage the monthly and quarterly sales objectives. Build internal metrics to bring detailed visibility to sales performance.
- Measure and manage the pipeline, and provide accurate ongoing forecasts.
- Drive sales cycles for critical wins. Successfully uncover problems, present solutions, manage the sales cycle and close deals in important and high-visibility transactions.
- Work with Marketing to set the vision and execution of demand generation activities
- Own commercial agreements with customers, including evolution of terms and negotiation processes
- Work closely with Partnerships to define and expand channel partner program
- Work closely with cross functional stakeholders - operations, customer growth (high adoption / expansion), marketing (demand generation), solutions architects, legal/finance (contracts)
- Represent Workplace as Facebook spokesperson and evangelist, around the world
- 15+ years experience in SaaS Sales
- Experience running a global SaaS sales/BD team
- Track record of delivering sales pipeline and customer growth with Enterprise customers
- Experience in B2B and SaaS / subscription selling, focused on collaboration
- Experience building and leading global teams
- Experience managing executive-level relationships at the C-level
- BA/BS degree
- MBA/Graduate degree
- Experience in a start-up or hyper-growth environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top