Global Director, Marketing Science, SMB
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Facebook platform offers marketers limitless opportunities to reach consumers. Our Small and Medium Business (SMB) team contributes directly to Facebook's mission by helping businesses grow and create jobs. We focus on connecting every small and medium-sized business in the world with their customers on Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger and then helping them grow through solutions like pages, advertising, and messaging. We succeed when we help our customers grow their business and create jobs in their communities. To make each one of their experiences personalized, we rely on data, insights, and powerful platforms.
The same properties that make the Facebook platform an ideal place for marketing also make the platform an ideal place to conduct analytical work and marketing research to become a better marketer in the new mobile world. This role will be part of the Marketing Science Team focused on helping clients understand their consumers on Facebook and the effectiveness of their ad spend. The person in this role will build and lead a team of Marketing Science Experts tasked with supporting and advising internal and external stakeholders on marketing science strategy and design for SMB. They will provide guidance to the team members and manage the overall service model and key sales relationships for the market they support. They will also be responsible for working directly with our sales and product marketing teams to identify and execute proactive scalable programs in market that lead to growth of our advertisers' businesses while continuing to manage against inbound demand for support.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, analytical, and critical thinking skills and a passion for generating data-based insights and working with research organizations. They will be excited by managing a global team and building a function that is intended to operate at scale vs. bespoke 1:1 executions for clients. This role will challenge the candidate to not only provide strategic direction to the team/market on key measurement efforts, but also to develop a deep understanding into marketing best practices on the Facebook platforms.
- Advise and develop a support model with key stakeholders across the global SMB business driving the successful use of analytics to measure and improve customer ad campaigns
- Continue to develop and execute against a global service model that allows for supporting inbound demand from key sales partners while continuing to move the business forward with key proactive initiatives
- Design and manage a global organizational structure across North America, EMEA, APAC, and LATAM, including a rigorous set of KPIs for measurable success of team initiatives while operating at scale
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of highly skilled experts in the space of advertising effectiveness and digital measurement
- Provide overall strategic recommendations for product and solutions for SMBs
- Lead key proactive programs that will help grow our advertisers' businesses in partnership with product marketing and sales teams
- Engage in key client conversations, present results, and consult internally with the sales teams to ensure the right design and setup of measurement studies as necessary
- 15+ years of experience in media/marketing measurement or analytics experience within a global team
- 7+ years of experience in building, managing and motivating global teams in strategic support functions
- Knowledge in online advertising and experience with branding, performance advertising and marketing frameworks, including ad measurement techniques
- Experience being a strategic leader with experience influencing and partnering with a variety of stakeholders across organizations
- Experience managing distributed teams across multiple time zones and offices
- Statistical analysis experience, including but not limited to experimental design or advertising research
- Experience inspiring action based on data-driven insights including influencing advertiser planning and buying and/or team behavior
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and delivering results
- Interpersonal experience and experience communicating concepts to varying audiences
- Bachelorâ€™s degree
- Advanced degree in psychology, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative field
- Experience working with small and medium-sized businesses
Back to top