Global Data Center EHS Regional Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook designs, builds, leases and operates the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Developing, operating and managing the data center infrastructure and facilities the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost efficiency in a safe working environment. Facebook is seeking an experienced individual to manage Infrastructure Data Center Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) at our European sites. The IDC EHS Manager will be responsible for oversight of the EHS program for our Data Centers located in Europe. Comprehensive EHS technical expertise as well as excellent communication and program management skills are required for this position. This role requires extensive experience life safety, incident reporting, environmental regulations, and Data Center-related Risk Assessments from an operations standpoint. This position is full-time and located in our Dublin EU headquarters. Frequent travel is needed to visit our EU Data Centers and occasionally to our global headquarter in Menlo Park, California.
- Provide EHS technical expertise to support our EHS Coordinators located at our European Data Centers to sustain excellence in our growing world class workforce.
- Oversee and execute European EHS standardization opportunities. Strategize where global or European standardizations are possible and where Best Management Practices should be applied.
- Preparation and/or detailed review of European EHS procedures and training materials.
- Empower team to fulfill their leadership roles as EHS experts and safety professionals.
- Work with our existing global EHS program staff and the Site EHS Coordinators to continue development of an IDC EHS Global Training Plan and Data Center-specific procedures.
- Assess and evaluate EHS related processes and day-to-day activities at the sites to ensure promotion and adoption of best practices and compliance with protocols and standards.
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations that impact the company
- Review incident reporting at our European sites to ensure appropriate root-cause analysis has been conducted and corrective actions have been implemented.
- Develop and track IDC EHS European-based program goals, and represent IDC EHS to senior leadership.
- Train and onboard Site EHS Coordinators at future European sites
- Provide EHS expertise to diverse internal teams, including our Site EHS Coordinators, logistics and engineering teams.
- Conduct and review risk assessments using industary-best safety engineering and other risk management principles.
- Conduct risk assessment for new technologies (i.e., hardware and equipment) for our European sites.
- 10+ year's experience in EH&S in large scale environment.
- 3rd Level education in Health and Safety or related discipline is essential, member of IOSH preferable
- Experience with ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and coordinate with internal staff and external consultants, vendors and other stakeholders
- Analytical thinking and communication skills
- Self-motivator and able to execute and track tasks
- Ability to work effectively in teams, and establish and maintain cross-functional and positive working relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence senior leadership and work with highly confidential information
- Ability to travel internationally as needed (50% at times)
- 2+ years of experience specific to data centers
- EHS experience in Ireland, Denmark, and Sweden a benefit
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top