Global Communications Manager (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp seeks a Policy Communications Lead to support a wide range of public affairs initiatives around the globe. This role will oversee WhatsApp’s public response to high-profile policy and legal issues and create long-term programs that educate people about our products and perspectives.
This is a full-time position based in WhatsApp’s offices in Mountain View, California.
- Create sustainable programs that help educate the press, policy makers and other outside groups about WhatsApp.
- Manage communications activities surrounding high-profile crisis events around the world.
- Work with global policy, legal, product and partnership teams to build, understand and communicate policies that support and protect our reputation.
- Develop proactive PR campaigns on WhatsApp’s most important policy issues and manage in-bound press inquiries around the world.
- Prepare messaging and other external materials such as blog posts and videos
- 10+ years of experience managing press and stakeholder relations in a public policy, issues management or public affairs role
- Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, or related field
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and an attention to detail
- Experience writing messaging materials and working with cross-functional groups
- Experience building relationships with press and bloggers
- Experience managing issues and driving crisis communications
- Experience building outreach programs and managing stakeholder relations at a national or international level
- Appetite for international travel
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top