Global Brand Development Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we have established a new team building blockchain technologies. It's a small, but talented group of people, who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best people working today in their respective fields. This is technically challenging, will have massive global impact, and you will get to work closely with smart folks on an intellectually challenging initiative.
We're exploring lots of areas of interest across all facets of blockchain technology. Our ultimate goal is to help billions of people with access to things they don't have now - that could be things like equitable financial services, it could be new ways to save, it could be new ways to share information.
To do this, we need amazing marketers.
To lead the brand planning function, incorporating all category, customer and experience research and insights, to inform, inspire and excite the business around the best way to achieve delightful customer outcomes that will fuel supersonic growth for the brand. This role is for an experienced brand leader with strong research, communication and people management skills to manage a complex and diverse set of marketing and product initiatives. Our work aims to understand the people who might, will and do use our products, gleaning insights to drive marketing and product direction, and strategy. The ideal candidate has an extensive track record in fast moving and emergent categories â€" and can apply research methodologies to explore the category drivers; develop winning concepts and experiences; understand how to target and compel customers to adopt products and bring them to market in an exciting, ground breaking way. There must be a fascination and rigour to understanding user experience design and research, a proven track record of uncovering insights that impact product and business decisions, be able to build and support a multi-disciplinary brand and research team and evangelize the customer and the market opportunity with a richness of data.
- Create a learning plan that supports all key areas of brand and marketing, service experience with timely, effective and rigorous data and insights that are both actionable and build narrative
- Establish an â€always onâ€ program and culture of bringing the customer into the business unit as a part of daily life
- Establish brand tools, frameworks and models that can create shared viewpoints, one source of truth and a clear conscience for how well the business is performing for customers
- Conduct compelling research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods that deliver to time, quality and budget and to make decisions
- Recruiting talent: including attracting external talent and building teams
- Build meaningful cross-functional relationships within Facebook
- Serve as a thought partner with executive and cross-functional leadership teams
- Become a trusted and sought out authority on the category - building credibility and kudos for Facebook within this new area
- MA/MS in Business, Marketing, Applied Research, Psychology, Behavioural Economics or a related field
- 10+ years of brand development and market research experience, including design research, market research and quantitative research
- 5+ years of brand and research team management experience
- Experience prioritizing in-house research efforts and when and how to leverage third-party vendors
- Experience in working with emergent technologies and use cases and being able to diagnose and forecast categories
- Experience with both cognitive, neuro-science based, qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Track record of translating research into implications for design and product
- Experience in discovering and storytelling around insights and building these into a brand narrative
- Experience leading teams and building cross-functional relationships
- Experience attracting and retaining marketing and research talent
Back to top